If you’re an avid gamer, encountering an error while playing your favorite game can be a frustrating experience. The same can be said for players of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (MW2), who have reported experiencing the MW2 Dev Error 11642.
This error can occur on different platforms, including PC and consoles, and prevent players from accessing the multiplayer mode. However, a few potential solutions can help fix this issue and get you back in the game.
This post will explore some of the most effective methods to fix the issue and enjoy uninterrupted gameplay.
- What is MW2 Dev Error 11642?
- Causes Of The MW2 Dev Error 11642
- How To Fix MW2 Dev Error 11642
What is MW2 Dev Error 11642?
This is an error that can occur while playing Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 on different platforms, including PC and consoles. This error can prevent players from accessing the game’s multiplayer mode and may occur for various reasons.
When this error occurs, players may see an error message that states, “DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error.” Suppose you encounter this error while playing MW2. In that case, it’s recommended to try troubleshooting solutions such as verifying game files, updating the game files, or Turning Off On-Demand Texture Streaming to fix the issue.
Causes Of The MW2 Dev Error 11642
There are the following reasons behind the MW2 Dev Error 11642:
1. Outdated Version of The Game
You may face the issue if you need an updated game version. Your gaming experience will be down; you may even meet MW2 Niamey Lee Error Code. You will also need the updated version to enjoy the game’s latest features.
2. Poor Internet Connection
The Internet is necessary for adequately running the game; you need a good Internet connection to establish the link between the game and its servers or files. Hence you will face various gaming errors with a poor internet connection. Internet connection is considered one of the common causes of the issue.
How To Fix MW2 Dev Error 11642
There are the following steps you can take to fix the Cod MW2 Game Ship Error:
1. Change Your FPS Setting
The error can occur due to the FPS settings. Hence you can change the FPS settings to fix the issue. Many gamers have suggested that the FPS setting can fix Dev Error 6146 in MW2. Hence you can change the FPS settings following the below-given steps:
- Look at the top right corner of the screen and click on the gear icon.
- Doing this, a drop-down menu will be open. Find and click on the graphics settings options.
- Here you can change the Custom Frame Rate Limit to unlimited.
- This step will fix the fault, allowing you to play the game smoothly.
- If you have set the Custom Frame Rate Limit to unlimited but still facing the fault, then you can reset it.
- You can change it according to your maximum refresh rate, like 60, 120, 144, 165, etc.
Now you will be able to fix the fault, but if you are still failing the fault, keep reading the tips given below.
2. Change The Allocated Texture Cache Size
Allocated texture cache size can be the cause of the fault. Hence you Changed the Allocated Texture Cache Size to fix the MW2 Error Code 2901. The allocated texture cache size option can be found in the On-Demand Texture Streaming setting.
The On-Demand Texture Streaming setting controls how much texture cache size will be stored by the local consoles. You can change the Allocated Texture Cache Size in the following given steps:
- Look at the gear icons at the top right corner and visit the settings option.
- You can click on the graphics settings option there.
- Click on the Details & Textures. A new option will be open.
- Click on the Setting option.
- Here you can find and click on the Allocated Texture Cache Size. Set the value to either medium or large. Click Apply and close the settings.
3. Check For Game Updates
You can also check for gaming updates to fix the fault. You can face fault if you play the game with an older version. You will also not be able to enjoy the game’s latest features with the old version.
Hence your gaming experience will also be down. Hence it is necessary to check for updates and update the game where the update is available. This will fix the MW2 Error Code 2004 and improve your gaming experience.
4. Turn Off On-Demand Texture Streaming
You can also fix the fault by Turning Off On-Demand Texture Streaming. You can Turn Off this by the following given steps:
- Open the setting menu by clicking on the gear icons at the top right corner.
- Then you can visit the graphics setting section.
- Here you can see the Details & Textures section. Under this, you will see the option.
- This option will be on. You can turn it off by clicking the turn-off button.
- After this, you can refresh the game. This will fix the fault.
5. Contact The Support Team
If you have tried all the steps but are still facing the error message, it can be due to an unknown reason. These reasons can be complex. Hence an ordinary user can not fix the fault. In this case, you can contact the support team; tell them the nature of the fault. They will guide you to fix the issue or avoid it. By following their instructions, you can make your gaming experience good.
The MW2 Dev Error 11642 can be a frustrating problem for players of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. However, several potential solutions exist to fix MW2 Error Code 0x887a0005 and return to enjoying the game. These include verifying the game files, updating the graphics card driver, disabling the game overlay, and disabling third-party software.
If none of these solutions work, contacting the game’s support team may be the next step. It’s important to note that errors can happen with any game, but taking the time to troubleshoot the problem can often lead to a solution. By following the steps outlined in this post, players can return to the action and enjoy the thrilling multiplayer experience that MW2 offers.