Minecraft is an immensely popular sandbox video game that allows players to explore, create, and survive in a blocky, pixelated world. However, like any software, it is not immune to technical issues and errors that can hamper the game’s performance and experience. One of the most common and frustrating errors that Minecraft players encounter is the 255 message, which causes the game to crash abruptly.
This error can occur due to various reasons, including memory leaks, outdated drivers, or corrupt game files, and can be challenging to troubleshoot. In this blog post, we will explore some of the possible solutions to fix Minecraft error 255 and get back to enjoying the game hassle-free.
- What is Error Code: Minecraft Exit Code 255
- Causes Of The Error Code:
- How To Fix Error: Minecraft Exit Code 255
What is Error Code: Minecraft Exit Code 255
In Minecraft, the 255 error is a generic error that occurs when the game crashes for various reasons. It indicates that the game process terminated abnormally, without providing a specific reason for the failure. The error is usually displayed in the game’s console or log files
There are three types of exit code 255:
1. Error 255 Crash
This message indicates that the game indulged in an issue and eventually crashed. This occurs when the game fails to handle the input data.
2. Error 255 Memory Leak
This will cause the game to run slowly and show the dislocation in a non-C++ program.
3. Error 255 Logic Error
This issue is caused by data handling bugs. It generally happens in the game source.
Causes Of The Error Code:
There are the following causes behind the issue:
1. Outdated Driver
If you are trying to play the game with the outdated graphics driver version, you will see the issue. Hence, this is considered one of the most common causes of Error 5479. Moreover, with the outdated version, you cannot enjoy the latest features.
2. Poor Internet Connection
You will see the issue if you have a poor internet connection. The Internet is compulsory for the proper functioning of the online running platform. If you have a poor internet connection, the gaming experience will be bad, and you will see the error code.
How To Fix Error: Minecraft Exit Code 255
There are the following steps you can take to fix the issue:
1. Run Minecraft as An Administrator
Run Minecraft as an administrator to fix the Error Code 0x87e10bef. When your access gets restricted, an error message may occur. You may not get access to write the data on the driver. Hence, you will fix the permission-related issues when you run the game as an administrator.
This step will ultimately fix the issue. But if you still see the fault, please keep reading the article.
2. Update Your Graphics Drivers
Drivers play an essential role in the proper running of the game. Hence the drivers need to be updated. You can fix the issue by updating the system graphics drivers. To update the driver, follow the simple steps given below:
- Open the run box by pressing the windows plus the R key.
- Type the command devmgmt.msc in the given box.
- A menu will appear to find and click on the display adapter.
- The menu will appear, find and click on the update button.
- Choose the option of searching automatically for updated driver software.
Now restart your PC, hope you will not see the issue again.
3. Run Disk Cleanup
You can also face Error Code 503 if your computer has very limited space. Hence it is necessary to clean up the room to fix the fault. You can take different steps to clean up the disc space. First, try making a bake-up on your hard drive and free it. Try to clear the cache. You can also run the disk cleanup to fix the issue.
4. Reinstall Visual C++ Runtime
Try to Reinstall Visual C++ Runtime to fix the error code. Many players have suggested that the issue get fixed after reinstalling the Visual C++ Runtime. You can Reinstall Visual C++ Runtime by following the simple steps:
- Open the run box by pressing the R plus Window key.
- A box will appear. Type appwiz.cpl and hit the ok button.
- A list will appear. Find the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime and uninstall them all.
- Now visit Microsoft’s support and reinstall the latest version of the Visual C++ Runtimes.
5. Run an Antivirus Scan
The game shows an Error Code 41 if the antivirus is causing some disturbance in the smooth playing of the game. Hence, you can fix the error message by running the antivirus scan. You can run the antivirus scan by following the simple steps.
- From the window search bar, search for Windows Security. Windows Security app will be visible, click on it.
- Now you will see different options. Click on Virus & threat protection.
- Find and click on the Scan options.
- A new scan menu option will be visible. Click on the full scan option, then use the scan now button to proceed.
After this step, you will be less able to see the issue code.
The Minecraft exit code 255 error can be a frustrating experience for players, disrupting their gaming sessions and progress. However, with the right troubleshooting steps and a bit of patience, it is possible to fix the issue and prevent it from happening again. Some of the solutions we explored in this blog post include updating drivers, allocating more memory, running an antivirus scan, and running disc cleanup.
It is essential to keep in mind that each player’s system configuration and game setup are unique, and some solutions may work better than others. Therefore, it is recommended to try various methods until you find the one that works best for you. With these solutions, players can get back to enjoying Minecraft and all the creative possibilities it offers.